Monday, June 8, 2009

Tres: Glorious Gloria

This is probably my most favourite thing I ever wrote. I like it when I can write something meaningful in a succinct way because otherwise I feel like I'm rambling - which I probably am.

I love bougainvilleas because my childhood is so strongly linked to it. Like a bookmark of very obvious happiness.

Glorious Gloria

When it'll all be okay
I’ll already be down the river
Because I waited long enough
And Gloria was a little too late
You were a little too late
Gloria

I don't think
The boatman will let me off
Don't think he can
Or else he'd be there where
I can make out your foot prints
Glorious Gloria

A fence of fiery bougainvillea
Hot feet on tin
You played with me
In the rain washed grey
You said you'd be back
Gloria

Then he found me
And wanted me to stay
But he was never as strong as you
And I have always been weak
So I abandoned my wait for you
Glorious Gloria


1 comment:

  1. hehehe.. you got bougainvillea spelling right! *10 points*
    nice~ can be a lyrics no? :)

    philene

    ReplyDelete